Sunday, August 4, 2013

Montreal’s STM Transit Security are Violently out of Control

Updated: August 03, 2014 (Go to Bottom of story for most Recent update)


By: Stewart Brennan
World United News
 
Today I used the Montreal Transit system as I always do to go get groceries at Maxi’s on St John’s Road in Pointe Claire Quebec. I paid $3.00 and received a bus pass from the dispenser on the bus number 204, thanked the bus driver and proceeded to sit in a double seat just in front of the rear exit. Within 5 minutes the bus was pulled over by STM security who were waiting on Hymus Blvd in front of the old office of Canadian Unemployment center 2 buildings down from the Hymus Brasserie. An STM security agent who was Caucasian with an Eastern European accent entered the bus from the front and then proceeded to demand to see everyone’s bus passes.

I spoke out saying that what he was doing was harassment, wrong and that he had no right to do this. Not even the police can do this especially if there has not been any crime committed. Pure and simple what these STM employees were doing was unnecessary harassment. There was no good reason for them to do this. What was their reason?

I got up from my seat and went to the front and asked the STM security employee to ask the bus driver if anyone had not paid for their bus ticket, because what they were doing was pure harassment. To me, what they are doing is no different than what the Nazi thugs in pre World War II Germany did by stopping people and demanding “PAPERS” and threatening to arrest anyone that did not comply.

A second STM Security Employee (African origin) entered from the rear exit of the bus demanding to see my bus pass as I sat back down in my seat. I replied “ask the Bus driver if I paid or not because you have no right to harass me”. They both then came to my seat and threatened to arrest me if I did not show them my bus pass. I replied that they were not cops and had no authority to do so...to which they replied I would have to leave the bus. I told them I paid my fare and questioned them if they were told otherwise…”just ask the bus driver!”…Again they threatened to arrest me if I did not comply. I refused and asked them to call the police…

Both of these STM Security thugs proceeded to grab my arms telling me I was under arrest and had to leave the bus and I told them you are not cops and to stop touching me, they refused and pulled me up from my seat. A struggle ensued as they grabbed my arms and pulled me up where I then lost my balance. I put out my right forearm to catch my balance, which the first security thug had in his grasp.

They then pulled me off the bus threw me to the ground manhandled me and handcuffed my hands behind my back. They cut off the circulation in my right hand which turned blue I was told by the paramedics that arrived later. I was in a great deal of pain and screamed for them to take off the cuffs because of the pain and that my hand went numb.

All the while I called for help and for someone to call the police. A woman then approached and said she had called the police and that they were on their way.

My eyeglasses came off my head as I was thrown to the ground. Shortly afterwards the second STM security thug picked them up put them down again and then proceeded to step on them breaking the frames. He did it on purpose.

The Police showed up after about 10 minutes all the while the searing pain in my arm was getting worse. I was also having chest pains, back pains, and pain in my legs. I asked them to remove the cuffs because of the pain. I’m 53 years old.

The police told the STM security thugs to take off the cuffs, which they had a hard time doing because they were on so tight.

The police then asked if I was ok to which I replied “NO”. They then asked me if I needed an ambulance to which I replied yes.

I asked the police for a copy of the report and they replied that they were not going to make one, all they were going to do is give a “Call Number” which they did not even give.

I was very unsteady on my feet, very weak, felt faint, nauseous, and was in a great deal of pain in my arms, legs, back, neck and head.

The STM security thugs then issued a ticket to me for $333.00, which is what they probably wanted to do in the first place, make their quota in tickets to keep their jobs…that is the ONLY reason I figured that they entered the bus. The STM security are there to harassed people, threatened them and then fine them for not obeying their commands…pardon me for saying this but that is pure fascism…especially when a Corporation, funded by the Quebec Government can hire thugs with police powers?

I explained to the police that what they did was illegal according the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms to which they replied that the STM HAD the authority in a municipal bylaw to arrest and fine people…

In the Country I was born and raised in, (Canada) a person is innocent until proven guilty but these STM thugs operate as if everyone is guilty until they say otherwise.

I spent the day in the Lakeshore General Hospital. They took x-rays of my head, neck, & back, while monitoring my heart due to an extremely high heart rate. I was beaten and fined for not obeying…and I had not committed any crime.

This is not an isolated incident. I was told by the Ambulance driver that these STM security thugs are keeping them very busy, and after my release from the hospital a Taxi driver had witnessed the same thing several times. This is the 2nd time I was harassed by the STM Security.

I paid my bus fare and have the card to prove it. I have the Ambulance transportation doc with both paramedics willing to testify on my behalf in court of the injuries I sustained.

Busses are equipped with silent alarms, cameras and microphones for security purposes. I know this because I worked for a Bus manufacturer in Winnipeg Manitoba. Security personnel should be used to stop crime, not harass innocent civilians doing their daily routines.

What we have here in Montreal Quebec is an STM out of control and I want justice for what they did to me today but more than anything, I want this harassment of passengers on STM transport stopped before they kill someone.

Today I was beaten up by STM corporate thugs and heavily fined for not showing my papers…and the Police department thinks that’s ok. Tonight I’m on pain killer medication, extremely angry and want an end to this Montreal Stazi STM security bullshit! If you know people who have also been victims of the STM Stazi, please share this story so that they might come forward. Together we can fight against the abusive STM and stop them before they kill someone. 

My father fought in World War II with the Canadian Cameron Highlanders so that tyranny would not rule here in Canada…apparently someone forgot to tell the Quebec Government and the City of Montreal.
------------------------------


Photo: STM OPUS Card (Monthly Pass) & Single Fare Receipt & Transfer

Update: August 05, 2013

I’ve heard a few people saying that there is a lot of OPUS card fraud going on and that is why they push Security harassment on the STM busses but that reasoning doesn’t add up because the same OPUS technology is being used on the South Shore but without transfers being received for people who op to pay in cash ($3.25)

So I have to ask, is the same security harassment happening on the RTL because the same technology is used and second what about the people who pay cash, are they thrown off the bus because they pay cash and have no proof of payment? The RTL busses do not give transfers or receipts as they do on the STM but the combination opus cards allow people to travel on both RTL & STM busses.

The next question is why harass the people if it is a technology thing. Get the manufacturer to change the codes or to put the security info into the card readers like they have with the security scanners?

This is not about OPUS Card fraud, this is about corporate fascism, and harassment of the public and it needs to stop.
----------------------------

Update: August 8th, 2013



 
Is the Montreal Transit Authority’s Claim of “OPUS Card Fraud” a Fraud itself and a Pretext to More Draconian Legislation in the Near Future? A look at Montreal’s STM (RFID) OPUS Cards, Fraud Claims, STM Security, and What Comes Next.
 
By: Stewart Brennan
World United News
 
In 2008, the Montreal Transit Commission (STM) adopted a new system for their monthly bus passes and single fare ticketing from European corporation “Calypso Networks Association” (C.N.A.) with, the integration corporation “Spirtech” assisting in the implementation and engineering of C.N.A. software. 
 
Montreal had jumped into the RFID OPUS technology for monthly bus passes while also using a magnetic strip card reader for single transit fares. We were told then that the reason they were moving to this new $219 Million dollar system was to prevent Bus pass fraud in the old system.
 
On the surface it seemed that there wouldn’t be too many problems associated with this new technology, with the exception of the STM’S South Shore “Longueuil Metro Station” which did not, and still does not accept STM Magnetic cards bought anywhere else but in the Longueuil metro station. Not good if you prepaid all your STM trips somewhere else and do not have any money left to pay for an additional one…which did happen to me the first time I used the system going home from the South Shore. It was a very frustrating experience that I wont get into here.
 
The STM, Fraud, & OPUS Cards
 
Since 2009, MICHEL LABRECQUE has been the chairman and the primary representative of the STM. He oversees the performance and execution of the STM’s functions and powers…and, in agreement with other board members, sets corporate orientations. He also chairs the Board’s public meetings and approves the agenda in collaboration with the STM’s Chief executive officer and is the Transit Users’ Representative…
 
Recently, Michele Labrecque estimated that the STM saves $12 million a year on fraud by using the OPUS Card technology but did not give any details on how they do this exactly. His statement raised a lot of unanswered questions to say the least.
 
When you invest 219 million dollars of taxpayers money into a NEW system that is supposed to be Fraud proof and a benefit to the citizens, you certainly wouldn’t want to skip out on purchasing the Fraud Detection Option when purchasing this system…especially when stopping Fraud is the reason they bought the system in the first place. So it is very strange and disturbing to see more and more STM Security Inspectors harassing passengers for their tickets and bus passes in the name of Fraud.
 
These STM directives and security actions clearly state that either the system they bought is totally useless in detecting Fraud, that someone grossly incompetent is responsible for not acquiring the proper equipment and programming, or there is corruption happening inside the STM.
 
Regardless of the answer, the people of Montreal and the surrounding communities should not have to be shoulder the Orwellian directives by Government & Corporate decisions that harass the public, especially when the STM are to blame in the first place.
 
“Spirtech” an OPUS Technology engineering firm and partner with Calypso Networks claims that their system is virtually Fraud proof. Who am I to believe? (http://www.spirtech.com/products/fraud-detector)
 
If Fraud is not a problem with this new technology, then why do we need STM Security checking everyone’s Monthly OPUS Bus passes and Magnetic Strip single fare tickets?
 
If indeed the STM has reduced Fraud by 12 million dollars as per MICHEL LABRECQUE, why is the STM giving themselves huge pay raises as stated in an article by the Montreal Gazette on July 25th, 2013 to the tune of millions of dollars? And WHY have they hired an army of bus pass inspectors?
 
Does this 12 million dollar savings at the STM mean that STM management get to pocket this money? Are the STM Security Army, who also received big raises, becoming the cash cow tool of the STM’s corporate management? (See Gazette Report for security personnel salaries)
“Court Orders STM to pay $123,000.00 in back pay to STM Security Officers”
 
Failure to show these STM Inspectors your ticket will land you a huge fine and in the hospital if you refuse to budge, as was the case with me on August 03rd, 2013. One might look at it as strong-armed tactics by the STM to ensure every passenger obays whatever they are told by STM Security or face being roughed up and fined without any recourse to challenge them…because the STM Board of Directors, who are also municipal legislators, passed a municipal law that grants this corporation police powers.
 
As stated in the Montreal Gazette on July 25th, 2013 the STM gave themselves big pay raises. I wonder where they got the money to inflate their already massive salaries?
STM Got Big Pay Raises
 
When the size of your STM Salary is dependent on growth and there are no other means to create that growth how exactly does one create growth and give themselves large pay increases?  All the pay increases of the STM payroll have to come from somewhere…and a job needs to be a benefit to the corporation for profitability. So I wonder why they have hired more people in the STM Security department?
 
The STM’s Michel Labrecque also stated that they want a 40% increase in rider-ship by 2020…in my opinion, harassing and beating up their customers is certainly not the way to go. If they keep up their current pace by treating everyone as a potential criminal, more people will stop using their system.
 
Coming to Montreal by 2015 OPUS 2.0
 
During his opening remarks for AQTR’s conference on Urban mobility in the age of electronic payment (Feb 25, 2012), the president of the STM’S governing board Michel Labrecque stated, “We transport millions of people…soon we will get to know who they are.” What Mr. Lebreque was referring to was the implementation of OPUS 2.0 and having access to all your personal information in the future on the Montreal Transit Bus Pass. Security related? Fraud free?
 
OPUS Background Info
 
The OPUS card uses RFID (Radio-frequency identification) technology which can be read by anyone with an RFID transmitter / receiver. The OPUS card technology is owned by “Calypso Networks Association”; this European company’s primary goal is to use this technology on all digital transactions worldwide and to eventually replace the worlds currencies to become the Global technology and system for all monetary transactions. We are already seeing this technology being used by the Banks through Debit Cards, and Credit Cards, but we are also seeing this technology on Medicare cards, Drivers Licenses, passports, and soon there will be an upgrade to the Transit Authority’s OPUS 2 Cards.
 
Is there OPUS Card Fraud in Montreal?
 
So if this OPUS card fraud is real then what makes the Bankcards safe and the Bus Pass not safe? The bigger question is, of course, why are we allowing our governments to bully us into this RFID technology if it isn’t reliable? On a larger scale, We are talking about a massive corporation merger interconnected with many national governments, banks, and powerful shareholders that have the potential to end all national sovereignty by economic merger when financial controls of this technology are in place. “Spirtech” is the company being used to help engineer the OPUS RFID technology merger between corporations, banks, and governments. So their claim to be a safe system certainly needs to be proven since it conflicts with the STM’s assessment…but then it’s all about control, money and security isn’t it; but security for who?
 
Is it really necessary for Montreal’s STM Security to harass transit passengers because THEY SAY there is fraud in the OPUS system? If the answer is yes, then what about debit cards, credit cards, and Medicare Cards? Are these same technology cards at risk of fraud as well? And if so are we to expect a future where security people threaten debit and credit card holders to show ID and threaten us with arrest if we do not show them what they want?
 
As far as “Spirtech” is concerned, programming is all that is required to secure the cards…If that is so, why is Montreal’s STM spending Millions of Taxpayers dollars to hire an army of security inspectors to harass the public, instead of fixing the system?
 
The South Shore Transit System (RTL)
 
The South Shore of Montreal has a different Transit System (RTL), which also adopted the OPUS card and has a combination OPUS card with the STM for passengers requiring both transportation systems. However the RTL did not choose to adopt the single transit fare magnetic strip cards, so there is no proof of payments or transfers for single use. Even still there doesn’t seem to be a breach of security with their OPUS cards nor do they employ an army of security people to harass their passengers.
 
The RTL does have an OPUS card for occasional RTL riders who can’t purchase a monthly rechargeable OPUS card. The commuter can choose to load 6, 12, 18 or 24 RTL trips on a Solo card at the regular rate ($3.25 each x number of trips). Valid on all RTL buses, where a transfer is automatically issued on the Solo card. But they do not have a single fare proof of purchase to issue a passenger when they pay $3.25 on the bus.
 
Although the Quebec Government represents both transit systems (RTL & STM) together for a better price when approaching corporations for retrofits or Spare Parts such as implementing the new OPUS technology, the “South Shore Transit Commission” (RTL), chose not to use the exact same system as the STM. The only difference is the magnetic strip single fare cards…and the number of security personnel hired…
 
RTL & Municipal Governments
 
I’ve learned that at the municipal council level of government on the South Shore there are Paid RTL representatives that receive a minimum $15,000.00 just for being an RTL corporate representative. In my opinion there is a huge conflict of interest here since the money comes from the citizen’s taxes to pay them this bonus over and above the salary they receive for being on the council. Those chosen to represent the RTL are usually favoured by the Mayor of the specific community, if, of course, they do not claim the bonus for themselves.
 
This got me to thinking, “Does the STM also Pay the City Councillors in Montreal and the West Island a Bonus”?
 
If we take a look at who is on the STM Corporate Board of Directors and the STM Committees the answer is “YES”. The same people are on both Corporate and government posts. My question is how much are these municipal government reps being paid just to rubber stamp their STM corporate directives? Am I wrong to think this is corruption?
 
STM – Members of the Board of Directors
 
Attacked By STM Security Agents
 
On Saturday August 3rd, 2013, STM Security attacked me for not showing them the magnetic strip bus pass I received after paying for a single fare on Bus #204 in the West Island of Montreal. They put me in the hospital. The incident is an ongoing nightmare for me now because I will not take public transport for fear of a repeat performance by the STM Security. It also stops me from visiting my 87-year-old mother on the South Shore who needs help because of her complications from dementia. I don’t have a car nor do I know anyone here that can take me to the South Shore once a week so I will need to find a way to rectify this. I will not bow to this authoritarian minded corporation, nor will I allow my dignity as a human being to be trampled on.
 
One of my fears is based on being singled out by STM security personnel with the Security software programs the STM have installed with all of the security cameras throughout the transit system. “Facial Recognition Technology” allows the STM Security Inspectors to profile passengers at will and is reason enough for me to stay away from ever taking the bus again simply because I feel I will be targeted and because my plea for justice has fallen on deaf ears by the STM, Municipal Governments, Gazette, CBC, CTV and other mainstream media. The NEWS mediums simply have not done their jobs in investigating and bringing the public’s attention to the ongoing conflicts of interest, corruption, and unjust laws that enable thuggery by the STM and its security apparatus.
 
According to Calypso Network Association, the creators of the OPUS technology and the engineering group Spirtech that works with C.N.A., there is no Fraud with their system…but the STM hires security to run around all day long harassing passengers by insisting on checking everyone’s OPUS cards and magnetic strip single fare cards…In my opinion, the STM, which is a merger of government and corporation is a completely corrupt organization operating as a parasite on the tax payers of Montreal and the citizens of the surrounding service area’s. The STM and all it’s Board members need to be investigated through a public inquiry including a forensic audit investigation of their books. The Harassment by STM Security on the population using public transit has to stop!  
 
My Personal Request to the STM
 
I want an apology from the STM for their security personnel roughing me up and putting me in the hospital because I wouldn’t show them the ticket I had just paid for. I want a complete stop to the STM security’s harassment of the public. I want the $333.00 fine they imposed on me for not showing them my ticket to be dropped, and I want the STM to pay for the damages inflicted on me by their security personnel.
 
Stewart Brennan
 

Update : 2014 August 03

 
It has been one year to the day since the violent incident involving the STM and their belligerent security thugs who accosted me on Bus number 204 and put me in the hospital. Here’s what I hope will be my final update on this matter:
I challenged the ticket issued to me by the STM in court and won, in fact the judge shook her finger at the STM representatives for their brutality and warned that she hopes there will not be anymore incidents like this in the future by the STM and its security…not long afterwards the STM security blended into the background and stopped pulling busses over; this is a “Victory” for the citizens who use public transport in Montreal. We all win when a bully is put in its place. Stand up and don’t back down when you have been wronged. There are still some credible people within the justice system that know the difference between right and wrong. Peace!
 
Links:

Calypso Networks Association
Spirtech
OPUS 2.0 Urban Mobility in the Age of Electronic Payment
Court Orders STM to pay $123,000.00 in back pay to STM Security Officiers
STM Got Big Pay Raises
STM – Members of the Board of Directors
Calypso Networks Association & STM – (PDF File)
NOVA Bus
RFID
Metro Security think they are Policemen
Woman Fined $219.00 for not paying bus fare with exact change
Corruption, Fraud and Thuggery by an Out of Control Montreal STM

 

38 comments:

  1. What does the government of Québec have to do with this? STM and SPVM are both municipal.

    I agree you have been mistreated. But blaming everyone will not help you.

    I suggest you get a lawyer to contest the STM regulations. Maybe they are ultra vires. I am not a lawyer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I worked for a Bus manufacturer in Manitoba, the Quebec government represented all the bus lines throughout Quebec and submitted contracts for purchasing for the RTL, STM, Laval, etc. They were Quebec government contracts, the government is also supposed to protect the citizens rights by law so yes the government of Quebec is certainly responsible for allowing fascism to take place in the city they most love to repress where human rights are involved.

      Delete
  2. They have a right to inspect who has or has not a buspass , however thats the limit they cannot do anything else other than issue a ticket , arrests is for people who committed a crime , falsefull arrests are liable offences , I suggest you sue them for damages and punitive damages $10 million would be enough for the to rethink their bylaws and retrain their officers or fire whoever it is thats not complying . The only deterrent for these pigs is monetary loss , they have a quota to operate economically , daily lawsuits to the tone of millions will get them into deep hot $hit. go for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your first sentence says it all."They have a right to inspect who has or has not a bus pass".....So if you refuse to show them your pass, they can ask you to leave the bus. If you refuse to leave the bus (and make a scene),they can remove you from the bus forcibly.
      Yes, sue them for $10 million....lets see how far this gets...

      Delete
    2. I'll certainly entertain suing them if they do not Pay for my damaged glasses, wipe out the ticket, pull back from harassing people, and issue an apology to me. Thanks for the advice.

      Delete
  3. The assaulted you and they maliciously broke your glasses. You have the right to profer charges against them - and for your injuries you can sue for damages - GET PICS OF THE BRUISING. If you can, find witnesses, too. If you don't have the police officer's badge number or the car's number, try to get them too - they are witness to the fact that the cuffs were put on too tight, leading to injury.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have all the necessary documents even though the Police did not create a report. I have the ambulance, hospital docs, photos, and bus pass number issued from the bus I was on etc. I should be able to get the Police Call number from the police dept through the time and place the infraction occurred. Thanks for the advice much apreciated.

      Delete
  4. I'm so sorry this has happened to you. Montreal is my hometown (living in Ottawa now). Even in Ottawa we have STO inspectors that get on the bus at random and demand to see everyone's pass or ticket. Granted they are polite about it and the fines handed out are not that big compared to Montreal. It makes me sick to my stomach to see what is going on with Quebec these days. I'm happy I left and I kind of feel bad (for francos and anglos alike) that still live there. I predict a civil war if things don't shape up, and quickly. It's getting very scary to watch my hometown fall to pieces like it is. I would consider legal action if I were you, what they did was wrong and out of line. Again, I'm so sorry this happened to you and to all my fellow Montrealers that are unlawful beaten, ticketed, or even just disrespected. It's not right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the reply and letting me know that this is also going on in Ottawa. I will have to find out more about the company that creates the Bus Pass dispensers and which manufacturer(s) have them on their busses. Montreal uses NOVA Bus exclusively, and if I'm not mistaken, Ottawa uses several different mfg's including NOVA Bus, New Flyer, etc.

      I think the problems we are all facing everywhere are Corporations vs the people. The largest shareholders dictate to the Corporate Board Members what directions a company is to take but they also fund all the governments and control the mainstream media which both play a part in the division of the people. If the people stand up together they will lose and they know it.

      Delete
  5. Why don't you take this to the news - CBC or CTV?

    I mean, it's high time for STM complaints after that girl got attacked by the metro worker, and a few days ago, the woman with sick child was kicked off the bus for not having exact change.

    worldunitednews isn't going to help you with your problem, nor does it appear credible. You can wine and complain all you want, but unless you want to see change, you need to contact a credible news source.

    I myself question the validity of this post because of where I'm reading it - this is a blog, not the news.

    If this is a legitimate claim, then I strongly suggest you run to the news about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve sent my complaint to the CBC, CTV, Montreal Gazette, West Island Chronicle, City of Pointe Claire, Montreal Ombudsman, STM, etc. My news blog is all I have when censorship by mainstream news and government occurs…at least I’m trying to do something about it.

      Delete
  6. This is outrageous and has to be stopped. You are right when you say "they are doing is no different than what the Nazi thugs in pre World War II Germany did by stopping people and demanding “PAPERS” and threatening to arrest anyone that did not comply." Sue the bastards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll settle for them stopping their harrassment, paying to repair my glasses, disolving the ticket and an appology. But if that does not happen I will have to take other measures. Thanks for the support!

      Delete
  7. people don't think this is real

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People Can believe what they want I have the documents to move forward so I will be updating this post as events move forward. Thanks for the post.

      Delete
  8. Sue. Sue sue sue. If you even can. I hate to get dramatic and take it to the next level,...but this is what happens when the government takes too much power. Privatize. The only way. If we were in the u.s. how different it would be. except it seems to be changing a little now. but this is what happens. “When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fears the people there is liberty.” - thomas jefferson.
    We have strayed so far from that. I could go on and on and on. But it's fascist, indeed, it's WAAAAAYYYYYYY too much government control. WAY. Over our entire lives. And unless people wake up it will only get worse. They try to scare us into thinking we need "taking care of' but when you have other people taking care of us..it's their will. Not ours. And they are just people. With flaws and faults and beliefs...not gods. Sorry to get all philisophical, but it's a slippery slope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In a world where the people rule as opposed to a World where the few rule, social enterprises will work for everyone. The problem today is that all governing systems are ruled by the few, and they do not share the wealth. Our World requires a change to the governing structure in every country, and that will be up to the people in each nation to resolve together…however, it’s truly difficult while the current system is in place, but once it falls the people will get their chance to change things.

      As for the STM, and other things which encroach on our freedoms, one focused step at a time will bring about meaningful change. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  9. Seriously? SERIOUSLY?

    I think it's time to get off your hippy high horse and realize people with authority have every right to exert it.
    At 53 years old theres no way you DIDN'T know that! You wanted to create a scene out of sheer principal and you got a foot up your ass as a result.
    You deserve everything that happened to you because you went looking for it!
    If you're unhappy with they way the Security does their job, there are ways to file complaints.
    Your one man revolution isn't going anywhere
    The STM bylaws have been in effect for years and will most likely hold up to any constitutional challenge ... worst case Julius Grey could always use some more work.

    It's great that you're expressing yourself, and i hope you get better...but if you poke the dragon you will get bit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike Anderson says – “I think it's time to get off your hippy high horse and realize people with authority have every right to exert it….etc, etc, etc” – Spoken like a true Psychopath. You really do have issues to resolve in your life, but I’ll pray for you. Everyone deserves a second chance…but don’t blow it. Most people will only give one shot.

      Delete
  10. Nice to see you pick and choose the comments you want to publish. Talk about freedom of speech. You are no better than the government agencies you complain about.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Which comments were you referring to? The attack on me?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry...gotta agree with Mike A......You got what you had coming to you....People try to cheat the system all the time. Security asked to see ALL the passenger's tickets, you were the ONE who balked at it. All you had to do was show them your ticket and it would have been over with.
    And again blaming the Quebec government. The borders are open here,if people are not happy here, they are free to move.

    And why did you have to point out that one guard was Caucasian and the other was African origin? Just curious...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, as you agree with Mike’s Psychopathic mindset along with your own illogical advise…like him I will also pray for you…as for your question about Caucasian and African…I wanted to point out that it was not a French English thing but a systemic corporate thing…something I’m sure you know all about judging by your arrogance. Have a nice day.

      Delete
  13. I agree with you, the STM security were way out of line even though you refused to show them your bus pass. It’s just a bus pass for god’s sake, if they have problems with their system why do they take it out on the people? Fix the system. Hope you are ok and you keep up the fight against this corporate police state. No one deserves to go to the hospital for refusing to show their bus pass…what’s this world coming to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support. Most people don't understand the wider scope of this and will believe whatever their mainstream corporate news or Government’s tell them. Then sadly, they just repeat whatever they've been programmed to think. The people who are rude and vicious toward me in the comments are classic psychopaths programmed that way by the establishment or they are in some way part of the establishment. It’s very pathetic. There is even one troll who keeps making up different accounts to threaten me…I have censored them and will report them to the authorities in due time…These are the same kind of brainless rabid psychopaths that will allow our city, province and nation to turn fascist just as the people of Germany allowed the Nazi's to take power and do whatever they were told or face their wrath. Our future is looking very, very bleak indeed. Have a great day and thanks again for the comment. It’s good to know there are still a few individuals that are awake to all this.

      Delete
  14. J espère que tu as bien souffert, la prochaine fois tu présenteras ton billet au lieu de te prendre pour le king. Les inspecteurs ont le droit d'exiger de voir ton billet dans tous les autobus et tout le métro c'est écrit dans le règlement stm. Et si ol demande pas au chauffeur c'est pour pas qu'il dénonce une personne et que le lendemain elle vienne se venger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. English Translation of the above comment by Google Translate:

      I hope you've suffered much, the next time you will present your ticket instead of taking you to the king. Inspectors have the right to ask to see your ticket on all buses and the subway is all written in the STM regulation. Ol and if not ask the driver what he complains is not a person and the next day she comes to revenge.

      See? This is the STM mindset displayed in it’s rabid abusive comment. Typical fascist psychopath mindset.

      Delete
  15. Since when do security guards have the right to assault someone if that person is uncooperative? You have been assaulted. Go to the police station and file a complaint for assault. Over a year ago I was at City Hall. A Montreal security guard used excessive force to remove someone from the council chamber. The police were called. In the end the victim did not file a complaint. Meanwhile, there were likely 20 people who were there to tell the police what the security guard had done, including myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have two choices. Either I file a civil suit or a press criminal charges. The Police are only involved if criminal charges are pressed. I will be consulting a lawyer to determine what I need to do, and regardless of which direction I take, I will see this to the end. Thanks for your support.

      Delete
  16. Please let us know when the hearing/court date is.
    As a witness on the bus that day I will give my testimony.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be keeping this post updated as the events unfold. I'm determined to see this through.

      Delete
  17. I was recently intimidated by stm security agents as well, for very much the same thing. I simply told them I know my rights, and that they are currently violating them. They essentially kept laughing in my face, making fun of me. I got extremely angry and asked for them to identify themselves, as all officers are required to do via law. They Refused, I kept asking, and kept refusing. I pull out my phone to film them as visual I.D. then, and one of the guys lunges at me and rips my phone from my hands and goes "What do I do with this, do I throw it out the window in the middle of the road?" They took me off the bus, and began shoving me, like 6th graders. They had scanned my opus card by now, knowing they couldn't charge me with that, they then asked me if I was aware that "We can put you in cuffs, and beat you if thats what you want." I started yelling at them whats the charge, one final big push, and decided it was time to just go home. I will be suing them, and I will not rest until those 4 agents are homeless.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think you need to get the facts right. STM is not a government entity but a Public corporation and unlike the police who require "Just cause" to search, STM inspectors have every right to do random checks on their Buses or metro's to ensure that fairs are paid and passes are valid. This in not harassment, and they do it on transit systems all over the world. To compare this to Nazis is both ignorant and misplaced. I suggest you do your homework before posting such ridiculous rants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you need to get your facts straight and understand that the STM is a Corporation that pays a municipal representative (Mayor or Councillor) from each city a large amount of money to pass legislation for that corporation. That Mayor or councillor also sits on the STM board of directors, which constitutes collusion, bribery, and corruption …there were no sudden bus inspections until the corporation decided they didn’t trust their passengers and pushed legislation through all the municipal councils by their representatives…these ARE the Facts. The marriage between corporations & government that passes laws to finance and give carte blanche to “Corporate Police” in a public space or in this case public transportation constitutes the very definition of Fascism! The brutal force in which these thugs “enjoy” using on innocent people is the very nature of a bully and thug…and it is government sponsored since the municipal council represents local government. The STM is also connected to the Quebec government when tendering new contracts or for purchasing new equipment…it’s all nicely tied up to budgets which the municipal governments are also on the hook for...ie the tax payer.

      If a crime is committed, then by all means bring in the police, but to hold the people on the buss hostage and then harass every single person with the assumption that a crime was committed is pure Bullshit and no one should bow to it! The STM’s reasoning for these bullshit stops is because they believe there is massive fraud on reduced fare cards…that is also a very weak reason since they changed to this NEW OPUS system because the old one was subject to fraud? The solution is to change the colour of the age reduction pass and old age pass instead of making them all the same…but to suspect everyone to be committing fraud is just pure Bullshit, especially when failure to comply with showing your paid ticket gets the victim a good beating!!

      We are seeing Fascism unfolding before our very eyes in this country and elsewhere all over the world. Did you not witness cops out of control on peaceful protesters during the G20 summit in Toronto 2010?…or how about the student demonstrations in Montreal and the brutality by the police? The evidence is everywhere right down to the municipal level! Oh and how about our federal government leaders backing the Fascist purge in Ukraine where Fascism has taken a fast track to approval by the OECD leaders! I wont stand for one fucken bit of it at ANY level and nor should you…unless of course you are on the side of the oppressors…

      Delete
  19. Did you actually get the STM to stop doing random bus and metro searches? Because I havent seen them pull over a bus in a very long time. If you did, congrats to you on stopping some more Nazi bullshit in this crappy province we live in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The STM security stopped pulling busses over not long after I won in court. If they had continued the practice of harassing people I would have gone to every city council meeting that the STM sits on to raise awareness with the citizens on what happens with the merger of a corporation, government and corporate security with police powers, the corruption they are involved in, and the costs to taxpayers...you can be sure that the corruption is still ongoing even while municipalities are seeing budget cuts to their services and increased taxes...What councilor wants to give up the $15,000.00 to $30,000.00 they receive annually in extra money (Taxpayers money) for being the STM rubber stamp? But we also have to look at the costs of the security apparatus they set up and why. They can't prove its legitimacy...Better to keep a low profile eh?

      Delete
    2. Hello, just so you know, they are still pulling buses to do random check. My dad was in one last week in Lasalle.

      Delete
  20. I just saw them in action.on the 160 going to work at Decarie square.
    they stopped everyone getting off the bus then went inside to ask for whatever they ask for I asked them if they have a search warrant,, he responded by saying he was doing his job ,, so i asked again and he just stared threatening at me and then said "I will give you a $300 ticket". then I said I will not show you my ID he said trust me????? I said no and laugh at him at which point he exited the bus........ FREE TRAVEL anywhere in Canada. . To go to and from work is guaranteed in the Canadian charter of rights.they cannot interfere with that or they are breaking the Canadian charter of rights.... to not be harassed... With that said they were 6 of them and they blocked the entrance to the bus shelter. And people walking pass on the sidewalk were forced to walk on the street... That's what punks do not civil servants.... So WHO DO THEY REALLY SERVE

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on this post. Please consider sharing it on Facebook or Twitter for a wider discussion.

Russian / Ukraine War - (Mar 08th, 2024)

How the Ukraine War Changed the World - (Mar 01st, 2024)

Redacted - Egypt's betrayal of Palestine - Vanessa Beeley

CrossTalk | Magical thinking - (Feb 28th, 2024)

Hillary Clinton Interrupted & Called Out in Berlin

We don’t want war with Israel, but if they impose it on us, we are ready – Hezbollah

ICJ delivers ruling in favour of South Africa

ICJ ruling | Court stops short of ordering Gaza ceasefire, demands that Israel prevent genocide

South Africa's Closing Argument Against Israel for Genocide at the ICJ

Wider Middle East war. US, UK strike Yemen

U.S., UK Start Another Unwinnable War In Yemen

Geopolitical Storm Brewing from Palestine to Ukraine

How the US Global Order is Challenged - With Pepe Escobar (Nov 20, 2023)

Shahid Bolsen - Message to the Israeli people

Roger Waters - To Whom It May Concern: Please Stop.

US policy slowing down China's economy w/ Jeffrey Sachs

Max Blumenthal s destroys RFKJr's outrageous Israelí Propaganda

Totalitarianism, Censorship and Syria with Peter Lavelle, Vanessa Beeley & Kevork Almassian

Putin shows treaty on Ukraine’s neutrality, signed by Kiev but dumped under Western pressure

Assad's speech at the Arab League Summit - what it means for the future of the region

Assad returns to Arab League

HUGE China brokered deal, Iran & Saudi Arabia restore diplomatic ties

Nord Stream pipeline & sabotaging peace w/Jeffrey Sachs

The Tragedy of Ukraine

Historical Events that Led to the Start of the Ukraine Conflict

Your Wars Will Destroy the Planet - Roger Waters

Healthy Athletes suffer Heart Problems After Getting the Jab